Monday, February 9, 2009

Food Journal - Day 1

I think the first day of a diet is both the easiest and the toughest at the same time. You are definetely motivated to do the right thing but at the same time, you get hungry very easily as your body adjust to a smaller amount of food.

I did pretty well today. My goal is stay under 25 grams of carbohydrates per day. Here is what I had to eat today:

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch (about 11am): Egg Cheese and Sausage Fratata. Total Carbs: 3 grams

I browned 2 links of brown and serve sausage, then cut it up in small pieces and put it back in the pan. Then I mixed up 3 eggs and pored them over the saugage. After the bottom cooked, I put a about 1/2 cup of cheese over the top and put the whole thing in the oven to melt the cheese and brown the top. It was yummy and I was definetely full afterwards.

Dinner: Sirloin steak with mushroom sauce and salad. Total carbs: 16 grams

I had a very lean piece of sirloin steak and fryed in a non-stick pan with less than a tablespoon of butter for the entire family. After I fried the steaks I let them rest while I browned up some sliced mushrooms. After the mushrooms were cooked I poured 1 cup of half and half over them and added 1 beef boullion cube along with salt and peper. I let the whole thing reduce and thicken. I had my steak with a healthy helping of the mushrooms over the top. It was very yummy and very low in carbs as mushrooms have only 9 grams of carbohydrates in a whole cup of them. I also had a yummy green salad with a few frozen peas on it (I love peas on salad) and of course a bit of ranch dressing. The whole meal only had 16 grams of carbs and I was very full when I was done. The rest of the family got some mashed potatoes (I love potato pearls) to go along with it which made the meal whole for them. Truthfully, I did not miss the potatoes a bit. That probably won't last as potatoes are my weakness but I am going to really try to stay 100% away from them.

Total carbs today...19. In addition to that, Jacob and I did make it to the gym and I spent about 45 minutes on the treadmill and walked a total of about 2.2 miles. Today was a good day. I can so do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment