Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food Journal - Day 2

Ahhh...day 2. Always a little harder than day 1 but still..not so bad. I think I did pretty good today as well. One thing I love about a low carb diet is that there is a large variety of food you can eat to keep interesting and there is a lot of information and ideas on the internet to motivate you. Here is what I ate today.

Breakfast - 0 carbs
Nothing

Lunch - 9 carbs

A nice salad with chopped eggs, ham, a few peas and ranch dressing. I was going to have a couple of bratwurst to go along with it but they were really salty so Bella got to eat those instead. She was very happy!


Dinner - 14 carbs
Dinner was yummy. I found a low carb recipe for Cordon Bleu which happens to be one of my favorite things to eat. I started with boneless skinless chicken breasts and then opened the center of them and put a piece of swiss cheese and a slice of ham in each. I then secured it with toothpicks. I added salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little poultry seasoning and browned them in a pan with a little bit of butter. After they were all brown I covered the pan and put it in the oven to finish cooking the chicken. It was yummy and only about 6 carbs total. I had some brussel sprouts to go along with it and I still had some of my mushroom gravy sauce left over from yesterday to round out the meal. It was filling and super good for me.


I did not make it to the gym today because I had some projects for work I needed to complete as well as a late meeting with my manager so I just did not get there. I am working in Bellevue tomorrow and plan on stopping there on my way home from work.


Another good day!

1 comment:

  1. you go girl!! Good luck. we will all be so skinny going on cardiac canyon this summer.

    ReplyDelete