Friday, February 13, 2009

Food Journal - Day 3 and 4

I have been busy the past couple of days so I have neglected this blog. Busy is good...it keeps my mind off or food! So how have I done....GREAT! I think so anyway. Here is what I ate.

Wednesday:

Breakfast: 4 slices bacon and scrambled eggs with green onions - Total carbs: 2 grams

Lunch: None

Dinner: This was a tough one. I had had a busy day and did not cook. The rest of the family got leftovers (macaroni and cheese and spagetti...yum!). I could not have any of that so I just browned up some boneless skinless chicken breast tenders and served them along side a salad. - Total carbs: 14 grams

Total for the day: 16 grams (yeah!)

Thursday:

Breakfast: I had to drive to Bellevue which took me right past the McDonald's drive-thru. Rather than denying myself I stopped in and bought their 2 sausage mcmuffin with egg specials - minus the muffins. They even served it to me with a knife and fork. It did the trick and I felt full. Total carbs: 8 grams

Lunch: I was working and was not hungry until everyone else started bringing their lunches to their desk. The smell of leftovers in the microwave soon filled the air and I knew I had to get out of their. I stopped by Winco in Kent on my way home to pick up some things for dinner. On the way home I snacked on some black forest ham in the car Total carbs: 2 grams

Dinner: My family had taco salad and I just had the same thing minus the chips and put the salad part on the side. It was ok but really not very low in carbs (the seasoning mix has some and I thickened it with a bit of corn starch). I stuck to a pretty small portion and was plenty hungry by the time bed time rolled around. I figured I better go to sleep before I let my cravings get to me. Total carbs: 16 grams


Total carbs for the day: 26 grams

Today is Friday and as the weekend approaches I hope I can stick to it. The weekends to me are so much harder. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am down about 5 lbs already. I think that is pretty good. 5 lbs in 5 days. I hope I can keep up that pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment