Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where Has The Time Gone

So it has been almost a week since I have written anything so before I jump into my work today, I thought I would sit down and post. This past week has been a tough diet week. To start out with on Friday we had birthday party for Michelle. Birthday parties mean lots o sweets and I have to admit that my sweet tooth got the best of me and I did induldge a little bit (DARN!). On Saturday I took the kids to a place in Sumner for lunch called Dixie's Diner. It is a little hole in the wall place I have heard a lot about. They specialize in yummy breakfasts which happens to be one of my favorite meals and happens to have a lot of low carb choices. I ordered the MaMa platter which included eggs, bacon, sausage which are good but also inlcluded biscuits and gravy and hash browns which are bad. My intention was to stay away from those and give them to Jacob. I did take a few bites of the though because they looked so delicious and felt terribly guilty about it the rest of the day. Since then I have been doing very well. My standard meal has become chicken breast browned up with a little cream sauce and mushrooms over them along with a vegetable. It is delicious and usually feeds my appetitie quite well. So far I have lost about 9 lbs which I do not think is too bad but considering last week included a vacation and a birthday party, I do not feel to bad about that number. Next week I will in Oklahoma and Oregon traveling for work so hopefully I am able to find a few low carb options while I am on the road. For dinner tonight I found a new recipe that I am going to try. It is for chicken enchiladas which are my favorite but instead of tortillas, you make a sort of egg/crepe type wrap. It sounds good. Here is the recipe. I will post the review and pictures later.

1 pound chicken breast
1 teaspoon oil
1 can enchilada sauce or 1 fresh green chilies
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese -- or pepper jack
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon butter
1 small amount of fajita seasoning

Cook chicken breast in oil with fajita seasoning. In mixing bowl blend eggs and cream on high speed till well blended and all yellow. Heat small skillet or crepe pan and add a small amount of butter (you will need to rebutter the pan several times). Pour in just enough egg mixture to coat the pan. Allow to cook through, you may turn them but it is not necesary. Mix together cream, sour cream, green chilies, and half of the cheese. Pour some of the sauce in with the chicken. Place a crepe in a baking dish and spoon a small amount of sauce over it. Place chicken meat inside and roll. When all are complete cover with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 for 10-15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment